The entries for Alpena’s Fresh Takes 2018 Video Contest are in and our panel of judges have determined a First, Second, and Third place winner! We will be unveiling each video at this special event where you and your friends and family can see the hard work and passion each videographer put in to showcase our beautiful Sanctuary of the Great Lakes!
This year we have also added a People’s Choice award, check out Alpena: Sanctuary of the Great Lakes‘ Facebook page for your chance to vote on your favorite video the week of Jan. 15-19, before the contest screening. There are 3 videos to watch and votes will be tallied up by how many shares each video receives. So be sure to share your favorite video with your family and friends on your Facebook page!
We will also be unveiling the first episode of Zach Irving’s Michigan MicroAdvneture series filmed right here in the Alpena Area! You won’t want to miss this premier!
This event is FREE for all ages and will take place at the Alpena Civic Theatre at 6 pm on January 24th, 2018. Bring your friends and family, and don’t forget to share this event with somebody you know who has a love for film and video and winning cash prizes. Entry submission for 2019 will officially open soon, so get ready!
Follow Alpena: Sanctuary of the Great Lakes on YouTube to view 2017 Fresh Takes Winners and more! https://www.youtube.com/ channel/ UCkLSD1XwBaFoQgujS_WL-LQ
Open call for entries into the Third Annual Fresh Takes Video Contest sponsored by the Alpena Area Convention and Visitors Bureau. Put all that Alpena area adventure video footage together and submit a 30 second to 2-minute video showcasing the beautiful destination of Alpena area and Northeast Michigan. (See below for complete Rules and Guidelines). Print out, sign, and return the form below with your video and you are entered to win up to $500 cash!
This video contest is open to all ages. You do not need to be a resident of Alpena, Michigan to enter. All entries are to be authentic and genuine to the Alpena area.
1. All entries must be a digital video.
2. Each entry must focus on ONE or more of the following areas presenting Alpena as the Sanctuary of the Great Lakes. A place where history and heritage collide with relaxed outdoor adventure. A place to escape the stress of everyday life, where one can leave their cares behind to relax, restore and rejuvenate while exploring:
Entries can tell a story, focus on a specific activity, include dialog or music or both, and/or may use creative methods to share inspiration on the theme. Entries including subtitles or informative text that compliments the theme will be viewed favorably by the judges.
3. Entrants may work together in groups or submit entries as individuals.
4. Video length between 30 seconds to 2 minutes is ideal – not including the 5-10 second end card screen (see #5).
5. All entries should end with a 5-10 second full-screen ‘end card’ that includes the following information:
6. All information presented in the video must be original – no clip art or stock footage will be accepted. Plagiarism of any kind will result in disqualification. If selected as a prize winner, you must submit a list of your sources, properly cited, and a signed permission release from all individuals appearing in the video.
7. Each video must have one Lead Producer to serve as the main point of contact and recipient of prizes, if any.
8. There is no entry fee.
9. Entries may be submitted to Mary Beth Stutzman at the Alpena Area Convention & Visitors Bureau via personal YouTube channel link or file sharing via email to email@example.com; or the file on a flash drive may be dropped off to the Bureau office at 420 N. Second Ave., Alpena, MI 49707. The deadline for submissions is 5:00 pm (eastern time, US) on or before Friday, December 28, 2018. Winners will be announced during a special reception coinciding with the Thunder Bay International Film Festival.
10. Hiring of professional assistance is not permitted.
11. All portions of the entry form must be completed for your video to be eligible. Email forms to Mary Beth at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Alpena Area CVB 420 N. Second Ave., Alpena, MI, 49707.
12. Content must comply with all Michigan and Unites States laws.
13. The judges’ decision is final. Entries will be judged on creativity, authenticity, and interpretation of content area(s) [Alpena: Sanctuary of the Great Lakes – Arts, Culture, Heritage; Outdoor Recreation; Environment].
14. The only compensation for submitting a video is the opportunity to be awarded a prize if the entry wins. Alpena Area Convention & Visitors Bureau will pay filmmakers no additional compensation nor be liable to the filmmaker under any circumstances. Winning videos will be used by the Alpena Area Convention & Visitors Bureau to showcase the amazing Alpena area through positive promotion and information sharing activities to inspire others to explore the area.
15. Awards will be presented as follows:
Please complete this form and return it with your video submission: Fresh Takes Video Contest Rules and Guidelines Form