Hubbard Lake is a popular destination for summer angling as well as winter ice fishing. It is one of Michigan’s largest inland lakes and is known for its incredible water clarity. The lake is part of a large tract of land that was ceded by the Ojibwa, Ottawa and Potawatomi to the United States in the 1819 Treaty of Saginaw. Permanent white settlers did not begin to arrive in the area until the 1830s. At that time, the lake was known as the “Bottomless Lake”. In 1867, it was named “Hubbard Lake” in honor of Dr. Bela Hubbard, who was a prominent geologist in the state of Michigan.
Size: 8,850 acres
Maximum Depth(s): 87 ft.
Species: Northern Pike, Rainbow Trout, Smallmouth Bass, Yellow Perch, Walleye
Ramp 1) North shore off of Hubert/Hubbard Lake Rd. Hard surface ramp with parking for 20 vehicles.
Ramp 2) East shore of East Bay, off of Tolson Rd. Hard Surface ramp capable of handling large boats, parking for 68 vehicles.
Ramp 3) South Shore off of McGee Rd. Hard surface ramp with parking for 40 vehicles.
Nearest location(s) for gas:
Q & C Marathon
7120 W. Hubert Rd., Hubbard Lake, MI 49747
Phone (989) 727-2097
Nearest location(s) for supplies:
Hubbard Lake General Store
6914 Hubert Rd., Hubbard Lake, MI 49747
Phone (989) 727-9172