Visitors Guide Photo Contest
Take part in Alpena’s 2019 Visitors Guide Photo Contest! This is a photo contest sponsored by the Alpena Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (AACVB) to showcase the variety of activities our region has to offer visitors and residents alike. Amateur and professional photographers are welcome. Priority will be given to photos demonstrating people enjoying local activities and outdoor adventure; landscape photos will also be considered.
- Anyone is eligible to enter the contest however, the photos must have been taken in Alpena or the surrounding area during the past 12 months.
- Photos must not feature the intellectual property of others (i.e. registered trademark) and must be in good taste.
- Deadline for entries is Friday, September 28, 2018.
- Please submit high quality digital jpeg images in color via email to email@example.com.
- Each photo must be clearly labeled with the submitting photographer’s name, people pictures, and location of photo or describe what activity pictured.
- Permission must be granted by those pictured for use of their likeness.
- Contest entrants agree to all the rules and regulations set forth and by the decisions made by the judges. Judges decisions are final.
If you were a visitor, where would you go? Be a tourist in your own backyard, and share the moments for our visitors to see. All photographers will be given printed credit for their submissions if selected for the guide, or used for any other inspirational purposed to share what life in Alpena is like. Often, photos from the guide inspire travel writers or other travel media to also want to share information about the Alpena area. The grand prize winner will be featured as the cover photo for the guide and receive a gift, all others selected for use in the guide will also receive a small gift (new this year!). The Visitor’s Guide is seen by people across the globe and is viewable online at VisitAlpena.com; as well as via distribution of 35,000+ printed copies across the United States. The Guides are especially popular along the Ohio Turnpike.
To enter simply fill out and return the Cover Photo Contest 2019 Form with your best pictures!