Relaxing lakeside is a way of life here in Alpena, Sanctuary of the Great Lakes. As soon as summer shines upon us, we live, breathe, and hashtag that “lake life” like there is no tomorrow!
Whether it be on the Great Lake Huron, one of our surrounding inland lakes, or even the Thunder Bay River, whichever waterfront you choose to relax on, you will find a dining spot nearby.
- Churchill Pointe Inn– You’ll find this historic restaurant and inn on the picturesque peninsula of Hubbard Lake. Serving up fine dining and scenic lodging since 1927, Churchill Pointe accommodates everyone’s taste with gourmet meals made from the finest ingredients and prepared by talented chefs. Stay a while at their garden view and lake view suites, or just stop by and dine in for a romantic date night! Open seasonally from mid-May through the beginning of October. Don’t miss your chance this summer! Location: 5700 Bennett Rd., Hubbard Lake, MI 989-727-2020
- Fireside Inn– Located on the shores of Grand Lake in Presque Isle, Fireside Inn is celebrating over 105 years of service to Grand Lake vacationers. Its beautiful view of Grand Lake, paired with lodging and outdoor recreation options, makes Fireside Inn the place to be for all your Grand Lake adventures! Offering a different menu for every day of the week, be sure to check out their menu online here. If you are not lodging at the Inn, please be sure to call ahead to make your dinner reservation. Bon Appétit! Location: 18730 Fireside Hwy., Presque Isle, MI 989-595-6369
- Jack’s Landing Inn & Restaurant– Drive west from Alpena to the village of
Hillman and you will find Jack’s Landing on beautiful Fletcher Pond. Best known for ample fishing, Jack’s Landing provides the whole package with camping, lodging, and a seasonal restaurant (May-September) for a fisherman’s paradise. Home-cooked meals and a famous prime rib dinner will satisfy even the hungriest of bellies after an outdoor adventure on the pond. After you’ve filled up, head downstairs to Pike Cove Bar, where the whiskey runs smooth and the fishing tales run tall! Location: 20836 Tennis Rd., Hillman, MI 989-742-4370
- Parker House Restaurant– Known for their coffee, home-baked bread, and homemade desserts, you can find Parker House on the crystal clear waters of Long Lake, just north of Alpena. This family owned restaurant and motel presents you with rustic style cabins for those who would like to stay a while, and the “greatest breakfast around” for anyone looking to test it out! Location: 24732 US 23 S., Presque Isle, MI 989-595-6484
- Sandbar & Grill– Pull up by land or by water to this happenin’ summer hotspot close to the Long Lake sandies. Serving up a full menu and a side of live music during select days and times, you won’t want to miss out on this lakeside paradise this summer! Sandbar & Grill is open year round for your enjoyment. Location: 9027 Long Lake Rd., Alpena, MI 989-595-0009
- Thunder Bay River Restaurant– With a grand opening less than 2 months behind them, Thunder Bay River Restaurant has been consistently steady with customers excited to try out a diverse, made-from-scratch menu while dining on the banks of the Thunder Bay River. Grab a seat with a river view and watch the fishermen, boats, kayaks, and paddle boards cruise the waters while you enjoy your breakfast, lunch, or dinner at Thunder Bay River Restaurant. Location: 1315 W. Chisholm St., Alpena, MI 989-340-0831
- Pompeyos Mexican Grill– Situated right along the shore of Lake Huron at Starlite Beach, Pompeyos serves up authentic Mexican flare with a side of fantastic lake views! Inside and outside dining options are available while you sip on a Jarritos and enjoy Mexican cuisine! Location: 1120 State Ave., Alpena, MI 989-340-2036
- Unlucky Cat Café– This brand new to the area food truck is serving up Asian Fusion from the parking lot of
Lee’s Miniature Golf all summer long! Fresh donuts made daily with dishes like crab mac n’ cheese, Chen dynasty soup, and a Shanghai Sammy; you can enjoy your lunch right on Starlite beach just a couple steps away! Seasonal hours can be found on their website. Location: 1016 S. State Ave., Alpena, MI 989-657-0108
- The Hungry Hippie– If you’re looking for lunch on the beach with a relaxed and cool vibe, Hungry Hippie is the lunch spot for you! This fun location across the street from Lee’s Mini Golf on Lake Huron, serves up authentic, not-your-average, grilled cheese sandwiches, signature “Happy Bowls”, smoothies, and decadent desserts (try the bacon wrapped dates!). Seasonal hours can be found on their website. Location: 1001 S. State Ave., Alpena, MI 989-464-1419