Visitors Guide Photo Contest
Take part in Alpena’s 2020 Visitors Guide Photo Contest! This is a photo contest sponsored by the Alpena Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (AACVB) to showcase the variety of activities our region has to offer visitors and residents alike. Amateur and professional photographers are welcome. Priority will be given to photos demonstrating people enjoying local activities and outdoor adventure; landscape photos will also be considered.
- Anyone is eligible to enter the contest however, the photos must have been taken in Alpena or the surrounding Northeast Michigan area during the past 12 months.
- Photos must not feature the intellectual property of others (i.e. registered trademark) and must be in good taste.
- Deadline for entries is Friday, October 25, 2019.
- Please submit high quality digital jpeg images in color via email to email@example.com.
- Each photo must be clearly labeled with the submitting photographer’s name.
- A description of each photo, along with the identification of people pictured, must accompany the photo in the body of the email.
- Permission must be granted by those pictured for use of their likeness.
- Contest entrants agree to all the rules and regulations set forth and by the decisions made by the judges. Judges decisions are final.
If you were a visitor, where would you go? Be a tourist in your own backyard, and share the moments for our visitors to see. All photographers will be given printed credit for their submissions if selected for the guide. The grand prize winner will be featured as the cover photo for the guide. The Visitors Guide is seen by people across the globe and is viewable online at VisitAlpena.com; as well as via distribution of 35,000+ printed copies across the United States and international requests. Photos may also be used in national editorial coverage of the Alpena Area, and other content showcasing the beauty of Northeast Michigan.
Photos do not need to be professional. In fact, we’d prefer your real life take on the fun things to see and do in the area.