Preparations for celebrating the New Year are underway! Numerous Alpena restaurants and bars are bringing out their holiday best to show this town a great time, while ringing in a new year and new beginnings. Where will you be toasting? Here are 5 New Year Hotspots to visit in Alpena:
(in no particular order)
- The Fresh Palate– This year the Fresh Palate is bringing you and your friends “glow vibes” with their black light themed New Year’s Eve party. A full bar, a live DJ, and dancing into the night will be underway at the Fresh Palate and Nucleus bar inside the Center Building downtown. No cover charge.
- Court Yard Restaurant– the Court Yard will be throwing their annual New Year’s Eve bash with live music by Great Lakes Graham and the Fiddleman, plenty of party favors, free cab rides home (sponsored by Budweiser), prizes all night long, and a champagne toast at midnight. *Party Package Special- call and reserve your table in the bar section for 6 or more people and receive a champagne bucket, free appetizer, and party favors for the table!
- Sneakers– Make one, keep one and break one at The Resolution Ball, taking place at Sneakers! General admission begins at 6:30 pm with a full dinner menu available until 10 pm. Performances will begin with Charles Madison playing acoustic, followed by Nashville recording artist Steve Armstrong and the 25 cent Beer Band from 8pm to midnight. $15 cover charge until the DJ starts at midnight.
- Latitudes Tavern– Celebrate the year away at this charming hometown tavern. Latitudes is the place to be for good company, great service, and awesome drink specials all night long!
- The Aplex- This New Year’s Eve, True North Radio Network and the Aplex brings you: The System. A tribute to one of rock’s most legendary performers, Bob Seger. $15 cover charge includes hot hors d’oeuvres, pizza, and party favors. Cash bar is available and doors open at 8 pm.
Whether you decide to go out on the town or have a quiet night in, we would like to wish you all a very safe and happy New Year from your Sanctuary of the Great Lakes!