Local Experience Writers
Writing about what you love in the Alpena Area!
The Alpena Area Convention & Visitors Bureau Local Experience Writer Program brings together local residents who love to write and love their community, and gives them a platform to share their talents. Opportunities to write like a travel writer about area information, experiences, and tips provide both local residents and potential visitors to the area a wealth of important and useful information. Local Experience Writers share their own experiences so that others may also grow to appreciate and adore the community we call home. Participation in this program will offer writers exposure from a national audience. It is a great way to showcase your talents. Have fun!
- Writer’s use a personal journalistic/travel style of writing to share their experiences, highlight interesting things to see, fun things to do in and around the Alpena & Northeast Michigan area.
- Make sure information is authentic, and factual.
- Make sure writing is appropriate for all audiences.
- Think of the eccentric, off the beaten path, tips, or little known facts you can share.
- Writing must be submitted in electronic format and be somewhere around 800 words in length unless otherwise content dictates longer or shorter lengths.
- The CVB reserves the right to lightly edit and/or reject writing for any reason if information is deemed inappropriate, negative, inaccurate, or irrelevant.
- Writer’s work may be featured on the Alpena, Sanctuary of the Great Lakes blog on the VisitAlpena.com website and newsletter, and may be held for timed release to coordinate with other writing and/or events or circumstances.
Topic ideas (including but not limited to … the possibilities are endless):
- How-to tips to get started with different activities, trail reviews, best place to fly a kite or wind surf, insiders tips for a great local camping trip, best 3-hour outdoor adventures, etc.
- New menu items at your favorite restaurant, your top 5 local desserts, best coffee experience, wine review, cold treats, etc.
- Unique art venues, open mic night artists, local wild game reports, fishing tips & tricks, history about people, places, or things in the region, family vacation tips, rainy day adventures, family friendly activities, etc.
Download the application here and start writing! Local Experience Writer Program Application
For questions regarding the program contact blog manager Nicole Carr at email@example.com