There is power in live music. It’s relaxing, entertaining, and fun to dance to. There are many terrific places in Alpena to enjoy that sweet sound; from dive bars, to hip little restaurants, to outdoor festivals. It’s all here, so let’s get it started!
Night on the Town Music Hotspots
Whether you’re looking for soft dinner music or late night pub jams, here is a list of 8 live music hotspots for your weekend out on the town.
The Mountain Bar & Grill (Spruce)
The Black Sheep Pub (Downtown Alpena)
Chiefs Bar & Grill (Northside Alpena)
The Courtyard Ristorante & Lounge (Alpena)
The Fresh Palate Restaurant (Downtown Alpena)
Naylor’s 10th Avenue Bar & Grill (Alpena)
Sandbar & Grill (Long Lake)
Maplewood Tavern (French Road, Alpena) (seasonal)
Latitudes Tavern (Alpena)
Don’t Miss our Annual Musical Events!
Let the good times roll with these regular live music performances!
- Downtown Street Performers: Downtown entertainment every Friday, all summer long for the downtown Alpena Street Performer Series. Head downtown from 6-8 p.m. and see live musicians performing throughout beautiful downtown. alpenadda.com
- Summer Concerts in the Park: Free concerts on most Saturday nights during the summer season from 6-9 pm at the Alpena Band Shell on the Lake Huron shoreline. Bring lawn chairs and picnic blankets, your family and friends, and be ready to have a great night with live music varying from oldies, funk, soul, Motown, and country. truenorthradionetwork.com
- Alpena Symphony Orchestra: northeast Michigan’s only orchestra. This
talented group of classical musicians strives to bring beautiful orchestral music to the community of Alpena and surrounding areas by performing throughout the year. alpenasymphony.org
- Annual Alpena Blues Festival: The Alpena Blues Festival takes place in June at the Alpena County Fairgrounds, located along the Thunder Bay River. The lineup includes talented musicians from around the country and local hometown talent. alpenablues.org
- Thunder Bay Folk Festival: A fun fall festival that takes place at the quaint Antique Tractor Showgrounds in Alpena. You’ll find over thirty bands on two stages all weekend, with rustic camping, children’s activities, music workshops, crafts, and more. thunderbayfolksociety.com
- Winter Concert Series brings in a variety of talented live music performers throughout the
winter season to keep those winter blues at bay, located at the Alpena APLEX events center. truenorthradionetwork.com