Group & Meeting Travel
Alpena is growing in popularity as a unique destination for small meetings, regional conferences, academic competitions, and business events. A delightful change of pace, Alpena offers everything from events complex meeting space to walkable options in the charming downtown district. Attendees will love being surrounded by nature’s beauty while still enjoying all the conveniences they are used to in larger-scale destinations like coffee shops, farm-to-table dining, museums, art galleries, Michigan micro-brews and locally-vinted wine.
With 400+ hotel rooms, 5 auditoriums/theaters, an events complex, and multiple conference/hall meeting space options, this charming small town on the shore of Lake Huron offers attendees and planners a respite from the hectic bustle of heavily populated areas.
From first thought to completed event, the Alpena Area Convention & Visitors Bureau is your local planning resource. Considered community experts, the Alpena Area CVB serves on your behalf to ensure that you are given the information to help you make the best decision possible for your event. Site visits can be accommodated any day of the week with advanced scheduling.
Assistance includes but is not limited to:
- Hotel Rooming Information
- Meeting Space Recommendations
- Venue Selection Recommendations
- Catering & Food Services Recommendations
- Transportation Logistical Planning Assistance
- Itinerary Planning
- Welcome Reception Spokesperson
- Local Information Resources for Participants
- Local Service & Product Vendor Recommendations
- Liaison to Other Community Planning Resources
- On-the-ground Support Liaison During the Planning Process and Event Delivery
- Creative Solutions
To schedule a site visit or for more information regarding Alpena as an event destination, please contact:
Mary Beth Stutzman
Phone: (989) 340-2288
Address: 420 N. Second Ave., Alpena, MI 49707