Traveling with your furry family member is a fun and memorable experience! Our special CVB Correspondent, Greg, and our Work-from-home Employee of the Month (for 24 consecutive months), Thora, have the inside scoop on all things pet-friendly!
Take the worry and stress out of whether or not your pet will be welcomed with our tips below on traveling with your dog (or cat) in the Alpena area, because they’re family, too!
- Alpena Visitor Welcome Center
- Dinosaur Gardens (not allowed inside the gift shop)
- Thomas Stafford Dog Park (no leash required inside of park gates)
- ALL parks in Alpena
- Old Presque Isle Lighthouse grounds
- New Presque Isle Lighthouse grounds
- Cedar Panning
- Knaebe’s Apple Farm grounds (not permitted inside the shops/eating areas. Owners MUST keep watch and clean up after pets)
- Cedar & Threads
- Bob’s Bullpen (not permitted in the indoor food area of the Bulldog)
- Rusty Petunias – outdoor patio only
- Thunder Bay Winery – outdoor seating area only
- Nowicki’s Sausage Shoppe – outdoor seating area only
- The Fresh Palate – outdoor seating area only
- Thunder Bay Winery – outdoor seating area only, they will even provide water!
- PIFCider – outdoor seating area only
- Austin Brothers Beer Company – beer garden area only
- Mangos Tequila Bar & Restaurant – outdoor seating area only
- 808 Bowlz & River Street Vault Bar & Smoothery outdoor park
- The Bulldog – outdoor seating only
- Joe’s Bar – backyard/picnic table area
- Hopside Brewery – outdoor patio only
- Tractor Supply
- Home Depot
- Ace Hardware
- Fitzpatrick Hardware
- JoAnn’s Fabrics
- Great Lakes Divers
- Habitat ReStore
- Car parts/auto shops on M-32
- AJ’s Auto
- Northern Hearing Services
**Please note** this list is for pets, not service animals. Many places in Alpena will make exceptions for service animals. Please call businesses that are not on this list ahead of time to find out more information. All businesses listed above require you to pick up after and leash your pet (with a leash exception at the Thomas Stafford dog park)
Did we miss you? If your establishment in the Alpena region is pet-friendly, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Featured photo above – Special CVB Correspondent, Greg, enjoys an evening fishing in a canoe. Photo credit to Jesse Tomcheck.