Summertime….and the living is easy in your Sanctuary of the Great Lakes!
Nothing like relaxing on the patio with some yummy eats and a cold beverage! Want to skip the effort and mess of DIY? Here are some great spots for outdoor dining in Alpena: Sanctuary of the Great Lakes!
(In no specific order)
- The Owls Nest- a nice variety of gourmet hamburgers (need we say more?!)
- The Fresh Palate- serves up a chef-created menu healthy and fresh in downtown Alpena.
- Hungry Hippie– providing fun healthy options with a front row view of Lake Huron, currently open inside of the Alpena Mall until May.
- John A. Lau Saloon- offers a courtyard beer garden in a historic atmosphere.
- Nowicki’s Sausage Shoppe- serves up high quality, handmade specialty brats on a bun with a variety of toppings.
- Stoney Acres Winery- has recently expanded its menu to include gourmet appetizers!
- Thunder Bay Winery- offers prime outdoor seating in downtown Alpena- and you can order cuisine from the neighboring Fresh Palate!
- Mangos Tequila Bar- has a cute and quiet outdoor space in the Chisholm St. pocket park with a fantastic view of the ‘Make a Splash’ fish mural!
- Pompeyos- just constructed a brand new outdoor deck for patrons to enjoy Mexican cuisine along with a Lake Huron view.
- Churchill Pointe Inn- a beautiful restaurant and inn with outdoor seating that overlooks pristine Hubbard Lake.
- Austin Brothers Beer Company- enjoy your Michigan craft beer in the beautiful weather at Austin Bros.
- Unlucky Cat Cafe this food truck located in the parking lot of Lee’s Miniature Golf offers a unique mix of Asian Fusion, nitro coffee, bubble teas, and more with a stunning view of Lake Huron.