The arrival of spring and summer brings us warmer weather, greener foliage, and bluer skies. We often credit rainy days for spoiling our plans, somber days inside, and that all around feeling of doom and gloom. Kick those rainy day habits to the side and let mother nature take a day to rest and grow while you follow these 7 ideas to making the most of your rainy day in Alpena!
- Do you remember reading our blog about how just 5 hours can re-shape your weekends? Now is the time to take care of those household projects you’ve been putting off so that you can go out and enjoy your weekend. (It is supposed to be a warm one coming up, make today count!) Our blog to re-shaping your weekends can be found >>HERE<<
- Break that rainy day mentality of staying in all day long. Take a lunch break and go out to eat or get some shopping done. Places of interest are likely to be less busy on rainy days, so get out and explore Alpena.
- Go see a movie or a play. Alpena has 1 cinema and 2 live theatres in the downtown area to accommodate you. Check out “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat” at Thunder Bay Theatre and stay tuned for upcoming shows at Alpena Civic Theatre. Check online by clicking the following link for show times at AMC State Theater.
- Have a beer with friends at Austin Brothers Beer Company. Cheers to the rainy day that brought you together, the sunny days ahead, and enjoying good company.
- Play photographer. How many pictures have you taken lately out in the rain? Chances are, not many! Go out and change that, there is beauty in all weather.
- Jump in that mud puddle!
- Plan out your summer in Alpena, Sanctuary of the Great Lakes. Check out our adventures guides, which include exploring sinkholes, viewing the night sky, lighthouses, and much, much more! Follow this link.
*Featured image above of Blair Street Pier by Rick Houchin