Preparations for celebrating the New Year are underway! Numerous Alpena establishments are rolling out their holiday best while bringing in the new year and new beginnings.
Where will you be toasting? Check out this list of some of Alpena’s hot celebrations and low-key adventures to enjoy while ringing in 2019:
(In no particular order)
- Glowing Vibes NYE Party– Get your glow on at Fresh Palate’s 3rd Annual New Year Blacklight Party! Entry is free, doors open at 8 pm and stay open until 4 am. Music provided by Altitude Entertainment.
- New Years Eve Party @ Court Yard– Come in and celebrate the end of 2018 and the beginning of 2019 at the Court Yard. Call and make your reservation today at 989-356-9511. If you make your reservation for a party of 6 or more people, you will have a party bucket waiting for you! The party bucket includes a bottle of champagne, party favors, free cab rides home, and more! Music by DJ Steve Jakubcin starts at 10 pm.
- New Years Eve Party with Tweed & Dixie @ The Aplex– Featuring the sounds of high energy country and rock n’ roll by Tweed and Dixie, don’t miss out the NYE bash at the Aplex this year! Cost is $15 per person and includes hot and cold appetizers, party favors, pizza, and a cash bar. Get your tickets at Neiman’s Family Market, the Aplex, or True North Radio. Doors open at 8 pm with the band performing from 9 pm to 1 am. To reserve a table of at least 8 or more people, call the Aplex at 989-354-6164.
- New Years Eve Dinner @ Black Sheep– From 4 pm until midnight, choose from the 12 oz. Prime Rib dinner 20.99 Lacquered Salmon dinner 17.99 or the Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo Pasta dinner 15.99.
- New Year 2019 DJ Party– Starting at 8 pm with $5 cover charge at the new venue, The Merch Table on US 23 South. DJ Chris Mischief and DJ Trag3dy Andy will be bringing the beats for this all ages welcome event. (No alcohol)
- 4D5 Parallel Live @ Sneakers– The music of 4D5 Parallel starts at 8 pm at Sneakers inside Ramada Alpena.
- New Year’s Eve at the Bolton Ridge Bar with The Country Poorboys
- New Year’s Eve Party at Naylor’s 10th Avenue Bar & Grill
Looking to avoid the crowds for a more low-key celebration? We’ve got you covered!
(in no particular order)
- Nature’s Ball Drop– Head out to one of our Dark Sky parks and watch for nature’s version of the ball drop, shooting stars! The Alpena area is central to three officially designated Dark Sky parks; Rockport State Recreation Area, Thompson’s State Harbor, and Negwegon State Park. Dress warm!
- Reeling in the New Year– Catch and cook your own New Years Eve dinner by spending the afternoon fishing on one of our inland lakes! The lake conditions are reporting minimal to zero ice for ice fishing, so bundle up and bring a pal to end your 2018 catching the big one! Stop by a local bait shop for advice on where to go.
- Last Day of 2017 Winter Recreation– Go snowshoeing (if we get any snow by Monday!) through the Besser Natural Area, hiking through Norway Ridge, or go ice skating at Northern Lights Arena. The variety of fun winter activities are endless here in our Sanctuary of the Great Lakes, you just need to dress for the part!
Please note- This is NOT a comprehensive list of everything happening in Alpena on December 31st! We encourage you to reach out to your favorite organizations and establishments for more information on their New Year’s Celebration, and share what you know on our Facebook page.
Happy New Year from all of us here in the Sanctuary of the Great Lakes!
Visit our events calendar at www.visitalpena.com/events.